Water Plant Set Up Guide
How to Set Up Your Water Plant: A guide to setting up your water plants.
- Vase, Rocks & Plant
Prepare the Vase
- Place the rocks or pebbles on the bottom of the vase carefully
- The crown of the plant (where the roots meet the plant) must be kept above the water
- Some people do not use pebbles but they do help to keep the crown of the plant above the water. Alternatively, you can use a shot glass or small glass bowl to lift the crown of the plant above the water line.
- The roots can be spread out very carefully and it is ok if some are above the water.
- Stabilise the plant using the pebbles or your glass vessel.
- Pour in the water gently. Below is a picture with the crown out of the water with and without pebbles.
How to care for your water plants
- Our plants have grown in Tasmanian tap water.
- Place them in room temperature water and place in indirect light.
- They do not like bright light.
- Let them settle for a week and then follow "Beginners Guide to Water Plants".